Demant is a world-leading hearing healthcare group that for more than a century has played a vital part in developing innovative technologies and know-how to help improve people’s hearing and health. In every aspect, from hearing devices, hearing implants and diagnostic equipment to intelligent audio solutions and hearing care all over the world, Demant is active and engaged.
The Demant Group operates in a global market with companies in more than 30 countries, employs more than 14,500 staff and generates annual revenue of DKK 14 billion (approx. 2.1 billion USD). Our products are sold in more than 130 countries.
The Logistics Clerk is responsible for duties and functions related to physical receipt/put away, inventory counts, picking/packing/processing of outgoing repair or inventory shipments, and receipt/processing of subcontract orders. This position reports to the Logistics Manager.
•Verify all information on delivery orders and physical shipment are correctly received and documented.
• Physically open, count, and verify contents of shipment are in accordance with packing slip and invoice.
• Stage packages for carrier pick up in designated area.
• When shipping repairs items - place these items into the pre-assembled repair shipping packaging and box.
• Collect orders or items from designated location(s) according to date, daily requirement set by manager, vendor type, and/or scan step.
• Scan orders into file, reconcile with shipping list, match orders, scan to proper step, and run detail report to follow up on outstanding orders from previous day; Check and verify if additional items are needed for order and that they are scanned properly.
• Separate and pack orders or items in appropriate packaging to include correct documentation.
• Run and print reports and labels for shipment.
• Support production with chemical collection, dispensing, and preparation procedures while to ensuring expiration date compliance.
• Conduct counts and packing of return and credit items to be shipped to vendor.
• May perform miscellaneous tasks/projects as directed by manager.
•Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Read English and labels with small font.
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Individually lift boxes weighing as heavy as 30-40 lbs.
• Work in a timely manner to meet to departmental goal(s) and/or courier cutoff time.
• Possess eagerness to learn, cross train, and perform additional tasks when needed.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED; or minimum of 3 months related experience.
or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic computer and data entry skills, to include Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
• Forklift experience or license is a plus.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.