IT SERVICE DESK SPECIALIST - Somerset, NJ
Demant is a world-leading hearing healthcare group that for more than a century has played a vital part in developing innovative technologies and know-how to help improve people’s hearing and health. In every aspect, from hearing devices, hearing implants and diagnostic equipment to intelligent audio solutions and hearing care all over the world, Demant is active and engaged.
The Demant Group operates in a global market with companies in more than 30 countries, employs more than 14,500 staff and generates annual revenue of DKK 14 billion (approx. 2.1 billion USD). Our products are sold in more than 130 countries.
The IT Service Desk Specialists wear a variety of hats to ensure that all IT functions within the company run smoothly. They are the single point of contact for all IT related inquiries, including desktop support, AV, IT infrastructure, application support, and more. The IT Service Desk Specialists oversee the phone and ticket ques for the IT department, ensuring that all requests are processed and resolved as quickly as possible, and correctly categorized and prioritized.
• Provides the single point of contact for all system users for IT related issues
• Owns all IT requests considered Level1 or Level2 support (regardless of system or area)
• Ensures that IT policies, procedures, and standards are followed
• Coordinates with vendors when needed for service on defective devices
• Works with other IT staff to assist in the development of fixes and improvements
• Ensures that inbound support calls are answered live and resolved
• Ensures that all inbound support tickets are resolved in a timely manner and categorized
• Configures, installs, optimizes and retires IT Assets
• Provides technical expertise, and works to ensure that the company’s use of technology supports its business goals
May perform miscellaneous tasks/projects as directed by manager.
• College Degree or equivalent
• Professional certifications a plus (CompTIA, HDI, ITIL, Cisco, Microsoft)