The Receiving Clerk is responsible for all duties and functions related to physical receipt of incoming items. The position reports to the Logistics Director
• Assist with the offloading of delivery truck by operating the forklift and moving pallets.
• Verify the number of incoming boxes, signoff on driver paperwork and complete incoming inspection sheet
• Bring items to be received from loading dock into the Receiving Area and organize them for ease of processing.
• Receive domestic shipments according to procedure and deliver items to the intended recipient.
• Prioritizing the receiving of critical parts as per request from the purchasing group
• Open each box and verify the physical contents and quantities with the packing slip. Verify the quantities to be received on the receiving invoice or booking.
• Perform necessary computer transactions to update the inventory.
• Store the items in their proper bin location.
• Verify receiving transactions by comparing the total number of items actually received against the total number shipped. Make corrections if required.
• Forward receiving booking to responsible person for additional processing.
• Write up a discrepancy report if items received do not match the invoice
• Work closely with Purchasing, Accounting and the supervisor to resolve any and all receiving issues.
• Maintain the loading dock area by keeping it neat and organized. Maintain an access walkway through the loading dock at all times.
• Maintain a file of receiving records for 2 years.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.