Oticon is part of the Demant Group. Demant is a world-leading hearing healthcare group that for more than a century has played a vital part in developing innovative technologies and know-how to help improve people’s hearing and health. In every aspect, from hearing devices, hearing implants and diagnostic equipment to intelligent audio solutions and hearing care all over the world, Demant is active and engaged.
The Demant Group operates in a global market with companies in more than 30 countries, employs more than 14,500 staff and generates annual revenue of DKK 14 billion (approx. 2.1 billion USD). Our products are sold in more than 130 countries.
The Consumer Support Specialist will provide front-line phone and email support to consumers for Oticon hearing instruments, connectivity devices, appointment making and general support. This position will also assist the Client Systems Support staff as needed.
•Provide technical support and assistance to consumers on Oticon hearing instruments and connectivity products
• Answer basic questions regarding Oticon hearing instruments and connectivity products
• Connect consumers with authorized Oticon hearing care providers
• Schedule qualified appointments for free hearing tests.
• Provide solutions, support, and assistance to consumer requests, inquiries, problems, and complaints in a professional manner.
• Book and track appointments in multiple systems.
• Maintain call logs and detailed reports.
• Handle consumer calls and emails in a manner that creates a positive experience to build confidence in the Oticon brand.
• Enter notes for each consumer interaction into contact management software
• Promote Oticon products and services
• Collect and relay possible trends, problems, and suggestions for improvement to department manager
• May perform miscellaneous tasks/projects as directed by manager
•Minimum high school diploma or GED required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Must speak and write clearly and professionally.
• 1 - 2 years of customer service experience is preferred
• Experience with Bluetooth and mobile devices is preferred
• Patience working with users who may be new to technology
• Genuine interest and desire to help people
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.